Data Architect (MDM, ETL, DW, BI, Data Quality, Informatica)
£70.000 - £90.000 + bonus & benefits
A Data Architect (MDM, ETL, DW, BI, Data Quality, Informatica) is needed for a Global Software Provider based in Berkshire to lead the design and delivery of a brand new enterprise data solution.
You are ideally tool agnostic with either a strong background in Oracle, MDM, ETL, data mapping & modelling, data architecture or more familiar with SQL Server and data warehousing, data governance etc.
You will evaluate, review and design data services, logical and physical data models and implement an intricate data architecture. This role will also support the creation and maintenance of complex ETL routines via Informatica.
To be successful in this position you will need to be a critical thinker and understand the bigger picture when it comes to the data flow and the various touch points where the data is generated. This will allow the team to better understand the overall picture the data shows.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Lead and participate in the review and understanding of data requirements for data projects and application development matured and as well as modern data platforms such as Big Data and Cloud.
- Facilitate, guide, and influence clients, business partners and other teams towards right information technology architecture, acting as interface between Business teams and Technology teams.
- Provide solutions for recurring strategic Enterprise Master Data issues such as data convergence, data standards, and data synchronization.
- Lead MDM Solution sessions supporting business goals, the evaluation of the tool and delivery of MDM technology and strategic initiatives.
- Consult and educate business users on MDM matters, issues and get them involved in the project, Provide methodological assistance and team mentoring for MDM implementation Requirements.
- Lead and perform data analysis activities including data profiling, creation of data dictionaries, data transformation rules and integration requirements
- Design, develop, apply and support data standardization policies
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Advanced or a bachelor's degree in scientific or analytic field and 8 years+ of proven and relevant in the data architecture and application development environment.
- 4+ years' experience with Master Data Management solutions and implementations within large Enterprise environments
- 4+ years' experience with Data Governance and Data Quality program design, development and implementations.
- 4+ years' experience with Data Lifecycle, Data Access and Privacy Principles management
- Leadership experience in design and deployment of Modern Data Architecture
- Hands on experience with ETL, data profiling, data archiving, data synchronization, data migration, data integration and data storage design patterns development and deployment
- 1+ years' experience and demonstrable background working with semi-structured and/or unstructured data sources (Hadoop, NoSQL, Document data etc.) being part of MDM Solutions.
- Experience in both traditional and cloud based data technologies and metadata technologies.
- Have experience in designing and developing high-volume mission critical transactional (OLTP) solutions
- Proven understanding in Database design, Data Warehousing and Data Lake concepts and options, ETL, and data management vendor solutions
- Understanding of EA frameworks such as TOGAF, or Zachman
- Ability to work effectively with both business and technical stakeholders.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to influence others