GCP Data Engineer
£500 per day
Initial 6 months (extensions likely)
We are working with a Global IT Consultancy who are looking for a GCP Data Engineer to assist an important client based in the City in the building of a bespoke Simulation Engine based on various complex Data sources.
- Solve complex analytic challenges using analytic algorithms and AI
- Design, build and deploy predictive and prescriptive models using statistical modeling, machine learning, and optimization
- Find ways to turn goals into products that use specific analytic tools to help clients
- Use structured decision-making to complete projects.
- Work out the best way to complete Enterprise Data & Analytics projects
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with minimum of 2 years of experience in data science tools, including Python, R
- At least 2 years of implementing and delivering projects using CI/CD rigor and tools such as git, Jenkins, docker, Kubernetes, Kubeflow Pipelines, etc.
- At least 2 years of experience in data science and use of statistical methodologies
- At least 2 years of experience in machine learning methods, including familiarity with techniques in clustering, regression, optimization, recommendation, neural networks, and other
Bonus points if:
- At least 1 year of designing and implementing data engineering, ingestion and curation functions on GCP cloud using GCP native or custom programming
- Google Cloud Platform data engineer certification a big plus
- At least 1 year of experience in architecting large-scale data solutions, performing architectural assessments, crafting architectural options and analysis, finalizing preferred solution alternative working with IT and business stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree in data science or related disciplines such as mathematics, statistics, computer science, physics, or related fields. Master's degree preferred