Head of Software Engineering
£750 to £800 per day
Initial 6 months (extensions likely)
Head of Software Engineering, Software Architect, Senior Development Lead, Java, Node.JS, Angular, Microservices, AWS, Azure, DevOps, Kubernetes, Jenkins, CI, CD
We are working with a Global Management Consultancy who are looking to hire an interim Head of Software Engineering (Java, Node.JS, Angular, Azure, AWS) for a large scale digital transformation programme on site of a prestigious client based in London.
As a Head of Software Engineering, you will head up architecture and software design as well as the implementation of a DevOps framework, which includes CI / CD and Cloud, that will scale up to around 30 product enhancement teams over the next couple of years.
This role will also see you take responsibility for establishing a Centre of Excellence for designing and building solutions using Cloud delivery platforms.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Significant experience working as a software architect or senior development lead
- Significant experience of working in a DevOps environment ideally using Jenkins and Kubernetes
- Significant experience with Agile methodologies and practices
- Experience of leading and influencing architecture and application design
- Strong Microservices experience
- Knowledge of large scale cloud-based architectures (ideally Azure & AWS)
- Continuous Integration /Continual Delivery experience
- Experience of setting up a DevOps capability
- Development background in Java, Node.JS or Angular