To £475 per day + expenses
Lancashire based (Mon - Thu), home-based on Fridays
6 month-rolling contract
We are working with a Global Consultancy who are looking for an Informatica Administrator to work on a large data programme in Lancashire.
As an Informatica administrator, you'll be supporting numerous repositories on over multiple servers.
- Provide support and administration of Informatica suite of applications including BDM, EDC, MDM, and other tools to support Data Governance program.
- Evaluate platform needs, install, configure, manage and maintain technical details of each module.
- Assist with the design of technical and functional requirements for data integration projects.
- Interact with business users and decision support staff to analyze and resolve ongoing issues and design enhancements.
- Manage onboarding new users onto the platform and implement security privileges as required.
- Manage promotion of code/data across environments.
- Manage/coordinate creation and maintenance all the required connections between the Informatica tools and various source systems/applications.
- Coordinate/plan & execute activities related to platform maintenance, Disaster Recovery and Software release management
- Perform Capacity & Stability monitoring
- Assist with Platform metrics collection and reporting
- Contribute to definition, review, documentation & communication of standards and Best Practices
- Daily tasks include: creating user accounts, scheduling and monitoring jobs, performing root cause analysis for job failures and missed data loads, and providing server and database administrators with support for performance tuning.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience in a systems administration role and experience with Informatica
- Experience with 3rd party vendor software Installation and Configuration, such as Informatica
- Hands on Experience with the Data Governance suite: Axon, EDC, MSM and IDQ
- Experience with installation in Linux and Windows environments.
- Strong knowledge of Linux operating system
- Strong knowledge of Shell scripting.
- Proven troubleshooting & issues resolution skills.
- Ability to analyze & communicate root cause and resolution steps.
- Working knowledge of the software security model and adaptability.
- Working knowledge of AD authentication models and LDAP integration
- Good understanding of ETL basic concepts of data flow, data enrichment, data consolidation, change data capture and transformation.
Nice to have
- Experience with data quality, data profiling, data cleansing, metadata management and reporting
- Java and API development experience
- Experience with Informatica
- Experience in the use of an ETL development tools (Data Stage preferred)
- Working knowledge of Web Servers (JBoss preferred)