IT Business Relationship Director
To £130.000 + bonus & benefits
We are working with a Global End User who are looking to add an IT Business Relationship Director to their brand-new Leadership Team based in Berkshire.
As an IT Business Relationship Director, you will be accountable to the Board for all current and future technology initiatives. Reporting to the CIO, you will be responsible for information management and leadership, acting as the senior level conduit between the operating businesses and the IT Department.
This role will be focused on strategic direction, technology policy, project management, applications, infrastructure, security and IT support for my client and their customers.
- Build strong strategic relationships with complex customer groups and senior partners, developing a deep understanding of the short-term and long-term business direction.
- Assess and prioritise requirements in line with IT strategy
- Develop and maintain the customer account plan, including accurate customer forecasting, demand planning and effective delivery of the plan
- Leads a portfolio of investments, prioritizing to align with emerging business strategy
- Lead high-level investigations on requirements specifications and feasibility studies, developing a range of options aligned to business and IT strategy
- Lead business impact assessments, identifying risks and issues that may affect current and future business units and roles, and create business readiness plan
- Proactively find opportunities for IT to deliver innovative technology solutions to provide strategic advantage
- Present and gain commitment to IT initiatives, using specialist knowledge to gain commitment to established or new IT services
Work reciprocally with:
- 1. Business and IT leadership teams and other senior stakeholders to build their understanding of IT strategy, programmes and challenges
- 2. IT Strategy, Architecture, Portfolio Management and Project/Programme Management to agree the future shape of proposed solutions and initiate projects in partnership
- 3. Other customer area Business Relationship Managers to create alignment and identify cross-business innovative opportunities
- 4. Business analysts to management requirements and build business cases
- 5. Portfolio Managers and Delivery Leads to initiate projects, to initiate projects, clearly define scope and monitor the delivery of project value compared to the promised benefits
- 6. Service and Support Delivery to ensure the IT services plans are established for the customer group and are operating effectively
Essential skills & experience required
- Evidence of leading and developing innovative solutions
- A proven track record of delivering results
- Experience of building high value business cases & mobilising high value investments
- Experience of leading teams with a demonstrable track record of motivational and achievement oriented leadership
- Experience of managing third party suppliers and have strong network and consulting skills
- Ability to bring alternative perspectives and experience, challenging the status quo
- Strong influencing, networking and team working skills
- High interest and initiative to research developments in the Information Technology marketplace
- Demonstrate strong relationship building skills with the ability to influence others to achieve objectives
- Proficiency in planning, change management and problem solving and able to resolve issues of a highly complex and strategic nature
- Proven ability to relate and respond to business needs in an IT environment
- Ability to manage negotiations, expectations and solutions across complex groups