Platform & Infrastructure Engineer (VMware & Cloudera) - SC Cleared
To £650 per day
We are working with a Global IT Consultancy who are looking for a SC Cleared Platform & Infrastructure Engineer with experience in VMware & Cloudera to work on the Europe's largest data transformation programme.
As a member of the System Engineering team you will have the opportunity to work in all areas of the system development lifecycle, from the early stages of conception and proof of concept, through architecture design and development and into delivery and maintenance. You will be expected to be extremely hands on and technical and it is essential that you have demonstrable up-to-date skills, whether you're an architect, lead, or developer, you'll be expected to have a number of the following key interests and skills:
- Deployment and administration of big data platforms using Cloudera or Hortonworks.
- An in depth working and administrative knowledge of one or more of the following Operating Systems: Linux (RedHat/ CentOS, Ubuntu, Fedora), Microsoft Windows.
- Virtualization/containerization technologies, VMware (ESX and VCenter), xen, Virtualbox, Docker (and Kubernetes/Swarm).
- Automated system build, using Ansible, Puppet, Foreman, Kickstart (including PXE) and Microsoft Deployment tool kits.
- Understanding of configuration and deployment of network file sharing storage services
- In depth knowledge of software methodologies including Waterfall/V model, agile, lean, incremental and ability to work within them across projects.
- Experience of driving efficiency and effectiveness through a strong configuration management approach to release, along with solid test and automation principles.
- A strong ability to automate repetitive tasks using scripting languages like Python, Bash, KornShell, PowerShell.
- A strong ability to Ratify requirements against acceptance criteria, ensuring we deliver against our promises.
- Patch deployment and verification.
- Strong appreciation for Service Management, Service Delivery, Transition to Operations (TTO) and ITIL methodologies would be advantageous.
To be considered for this role you MUST be SC Cleared