SaaS Technical Architect
To £550 per day
Initial 6 months (extensions likely)
We are working with a Global Consultancy client who are undertaking a major transformation of their HR & Finance systems, and as a result of this transformation they are seeking an experienced Saas Technical Architect with systems integration and data migration experience.
You will have multiple years developing, designing, and operating large scale services and possess a rich set of technical design patterns to match the right technical architecture to the business and economic drivers for a given product/service strategy. You will be equally comfortable and effective engaging internal audiences as well as external audiences as a strategic listener and advisor. You are a coach/teacher who is hands on and collaborative - an empathetic, approachable expert with thoughtful, convicted positions who can connect with a variety of personality types and maintain strategic perspective will fit well into our team.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Experience developing and operating an extreme scale (Tier 1) SaaS and/or Cloud service.
- Strong background working in Agile environments and with Agile methodologies.
- Understanding of the differences between architecting network infrastructure and applications for the legacy enterprise datacenter versus the modern hybrid cloud/public cloud.
- Highly strategic and analytical thinking
- Economically focused
- Ability to understand and educate others on the economic pros and cons of various technical design options.
- Ability to identify advantages and disadvantages of any programming model, framework, language when applied to a specific end user scenario, business problem or technical design.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and simply
- Natural inclination to explore, prototype, and self-teach
- At least 8 years of software engineering experience.
- At least 5 years as an Architect for distributed application, network or infrastructure design.
- At least 1 year of experience designing and operating a large-scale SaaS or Public Cloud service